Some people insist that keeping commandments or feasts is to get salvation by our deeds since we have been given salvation not by our deeds but God’s grace.? Then, let’s find out why their claims are against the bible.
Of course we do get salvation through God’s grace.
But then, what does that mean by receiving salvation through God’s grace?? This is because we have been given?the forgiveness of sins not by our own efforts or deeds but through the blood of Christ.
Therefore, as it is written,
- Eph. 1: 7?“In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,”
Then, what is the way we could be allowed the precious blood of Christ?
Is it possible just by believing in Him in our own ways?? Of course not.
It is very the Passover to be clothed with blood of Jesus Christ.
Jesus allowed us His flesh and blood shed and tears on the cross through bread and wine on the Passover Day.
- Luke 22: 7 ~20?Now the Feast of Unleavened Bread, called the Passover, was approaching.. In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying?“This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.
- Matt. 26: 17~28?On the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Where do you want us to make preparations for you to eat the Passover?”? While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, “Take and eat; this is my body.”? Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, saying?“Drink from it, all of you.? This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
Anyone who would like to be saved through God’s grace should participate in the Passover the new covenant and be clothed with Jesus’ blood.
However, people who would want to get salvation but refuse to be clothed with Jesus’ blood allowed through Passover must be foolish trying to be saved only through their own deeds.
Therefore, it is their false argument that we are given the salvation not by our deeds but by God’s grace, being against the Passover and God’s commandments to be clothed with Jesus’ blood.
They have made false claims by misunderstanding of what was written,, “And if by grace, then it is no longer by works; it if were, grace would no longer be grace.”
When we carefully consider the verses from 1 to 7, we can easily find out that we can not approach to the salvation through our own will or deeds. Rather, those whose promises were prophesied by God, “”a remnant chosen by grace” are to get salvation.
Then, who are chosen remnant through God’s grace?? The bible testifies that they are God’s people who obey His commandments.
- Rev. 12: 17?Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to make war against the rest of her offspring- those who obey?God’s commandments?and hold to the testimony of Jesus.
- Rev. 14:12?This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey?God’s commandments?and remain faithful to Jesus.
Then, can those who keep man’s commandments rather than God’s law get salvation and become the remnant through God’s grace?? Of course not.
Therefore, their insists of having received salvation, denying God’s commandments are non-biblical and false arguments.