wmscog

They slander our truth insisting, “Since Apostle Paul said, ‘whenever you drink it (1Cor. 11:23-26), we can keep the Passover at any time.” Is this considered biblical?

[Answer]

• 1 Cor. 11:23~26?For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me. In the same way, after he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.

Although they insist on quoting, “Whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me” (1Cor. 11:23-26), can the expression, “at any time” be found in the text?

For example, when someone says, “whenever you eat cake with the amount of candles that match my age, it is in remembrance of my birth,” does it make it their birthday? No! Or if they decide to celebrate their birthday every week with a cake and candles, does it mean you become 52 years old at the end of 1 year? No!

When we look through 1 Cor. Chapter 11, it is written, “The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me. In the same way, after he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” The night when Jesus was arrested was the Passover night.

• Lk 22:7~54 I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer… While he was still speaking a crowd came up, and the man who was called Judas, one of the Twelve, was leading them. He approached Jesus to kiss him, but Jesus asked him, “Judas, are you betraying the Son of Man with a kiss?”… Then seizing him, they led him away and took him into the house of the high priest..

Therefore, the bible does not speak about eating bread and drinking wine at any time, but about whenever you are eating and drinking the bread and wine of the Passover, it should be done in remembrance of Christ. When churches remember the Resurrection of Christ, they only do it once a year in the spring time since the Resurrection happened only once, it is celebrated only once a year. Is the Passover any different? In addition, since Apostle Paul said, “For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. Therefore let us keep the Festival” (1 Cor. 5:7), it clearly means “whenever we eat and drink the bread and wine of the Passover.” Let’s take a look at their false arguments in more detail.

1.The night when Jesus was betrayed was the Passover night.

In 1 Cor. 11, it is written, “The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” The night when Jesus was arrested was the Passover night.

According to the book of Luke, Jesus asked Peter and John to prepare the Passover and established the new covenant by having dinner with the bread and wine together (Luke 22:7-20). On that same night, he was arrested while praying on the Mount of Olives. (Lk. 22:39-43, 47-54)

In summary, since Jesus established the new covenant with the bread and wine on the Passover (the night He was betrayed), we should not only remember Jesus who shed His blood for us, but remember His great sacrifice whenever we eat and drink the Passover bread and wine. It is clear that Jesus asked His disciples to keep the Passover, and whenever they kept the Passover each year, they celebrated His sacrifice for us.

2.In a book published by “a protestant sect”, it is written that “Jesus commanded us to keep the Passover every year.”

“In the last supper with His 12 disciples, He commanded His disciples and early religious communities to keep this Passover until He meets them again in the kingdom of Heaven. Through Jesus, this Passover is remembered as a greater salvation event than the Exodus in the Old Testament.” Those who were in power (Council of Nicaea) changed the Passover to communion and has now developed into today’s various forms.

3.The bread, to be eaten at any time, is the food that spoils.

Just because someone says the communion is the flesh and the blood of Jesus, it does not become the flesh and blood of Jesus. Even though Jesus broke bread many times in the past, He only said the bread and wine of the Passover is “my flesh and my blood.” When He showed some miraculous signs by feeding about five thousand people with five small barley loaves and two small fish, He called it, “the food that spoils” (Jn. 6:10-27) despite His giving thanks. Any other time, it was just a regular meal and did not contain the promise of eternal life. However, with regards to the Passover, Jesus asked His disciples to “Prepare the Passover” and said, “I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer” (Lk. 22:14-15). Any time we eat the bread and drink the wine, other than on the actual date of the Passover (14th day of the 1st month by sacred calendar), Jesus considers it the food that spoils.

Click → about Passover

Did you like this? Share it:
Food That Spoils and Food That Endures to Eternal Life [World Mission Society Church of God]
Can the Holy Communion, Which Is Held at Any Time, Be Considered the Same as the Biblical Passover?

0 thoughts on “Since Apostle Paul said, whenever you drink it, we can keep the Passover at any time? [World Mission Society Church of God]

• January 16, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Our savior is only Christ Ahn sahng hong.
    Only God Ahn sahng hong can give us salvation.

• January 17, 2012 at 2:52 pm

whenever means at any time? It is so stupid. they should read that chapter again. whenever means whenever we keep the Passover!!

• March 7, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Haha – I agree jeccy. only with a narrow mind and unclear understanding can you mistake “whenever you drink it” with “anytime.”

Thanks to Christ Ahnsahnghong and Heavenly Mother New Jerusalem who broadened my mind to receive and understand the truth that “whenever you drink it” refers to when the night Christ was betrayed comes every year–every Passover, 1.14 according to the sacred calendar.

• January 18, 2012 at 1:27 pm

I can understand that how important passover is thru the world of “whenever you drink it”. I can read the deep love of Jeses who want us keep passover every certain time.

• January 19, 2012 at 3:59 am

Christ Ahnsahnghong has restored the Passover of the New Covenant.
    Considering their insistence, they are trying to deny the bible !!
    Lk 22:15 [ Ihave eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before Isuffer.] : Jesus’ speaking
    By Jesus’ speaking, we can understand that the Passover has its appointed time.
    Lev 23:5[The Lord’s Passover begins at twilight on the fourteenth day of the first month.]

If they really have a mind to believe in God, they should try to believe what is written in the bible.
    If someone trys to distort the teachings of the bible, he must be opposite to God.
    We need the help of God for salvation, not the personal opinions!

• January 19, 2012 at 4:53 am

Jesus Christ said to disciples ” i have eagerly desired to eat this Pasover with you “

• January 19, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Amen! God gave us the certain date of the Passover
    Whenever we celebrate the Passover at twilight on the fourteenth day of the first month by sacred calendar
    we can have salvation. I will follow the word of God forever.

• January 26, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Just, we can give eternal life through the Passovers’ food.

• January 28, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Interesting about the Passover and World Mission Society Church of God!

I think that if he is christian, he has to believe and follow at least what Jesus said.
    [ I have eagerly desiered to eat this Passover with you before I suffer~~]
    But, many christians do not keep the Passover written in the bible as the teachings of Jesus.
    Could explain the reason why this happens?

• January 29, 2012 at 12:06 pm

whenever means every passover! every year, until coming jesus.

• January 29, 2012 at 12:08 pm

whenever means every passover.!!

• January 29, 2012 at 12:09 pm

that is we must keep the passover until coming again jesus.!

• January 30, 2012 at 8:11 am

The Passover?
    If I keep the Passover, can I receive eternal life? Really?
    I cannot believe.
    If it is true, why do so many churches not keep it, insisting that the bible is the teachings of God?

• January 30, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Jesus said ” I have eagerly desiered to eat this Passover with you before I suffer~” Is there any excuse? ” THIS PASSOVER”

• Pingback:The Tree of life and Christ Ahnsahnghong | Christ Ahnsahnghong and God the Mother

• February 2, 2012 at 12:41 am

Thanks to Elohim God, Christ Ahnsahnghong and God the Mother.
    Your birthday cannot be changed.
    Then, how about the Passover which was established through the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross?
    The answer is simple!!

• February 5, 2012 at 10:00 am

Thanks to Elohim God who have come in the flesh in this last age !!
    Lk 22:7~54 [I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer~ ], said Jesus !!
    ” I have eagerly desired” means that the Passover has its appointed time.
    You may understanding the meaning of [Desire] !!
    If you understand, you can distinguish between the truth and the false !!

• February 11, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Jesus said, “I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer,” (Luke22:14)

Even Jesus had waited until the date of Passover came, then can only human being regard the specific date which Jesus established the covenant just as one of normal days?

• February 14, 2012 at 3:35 pm

I have impressed by the word of Jesus ” I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover”

• February 16, 2012 at 3:00 pm

“Whenever you drink it .. but on what day? That was the PASSOVER Day.
    As prophesied int the bible, we should not interpret the words of God by ourselves and fall into destruction.

• February 19, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Since it was originated the Passover has been a yearly feast. Can a yearly feat be changed to a weekly feast or a whenever you feel to do it feast? Of course not, look at physical example: birthdays, weeding anniversaries, Presidents Day, Martin Luther Kind Day, Veterans Day and so on. People don’t celebrate this whenever they feel like it, then how come they want to change God’s Holy Feast to their convenience. It doesn’t make any sence. Passover, Unleavened Bread, First Fruits, Feast of Weeks, Trumpets, Day of Atonement and Feast of Tabernacles are yearly feast from its originated day till the day we enter the Kingdom of Heaven. If you keep them at their appointed time then you will receive the blessing promised through each Feast. Then let’s keep the Passover at their appointed time.

• February 20, 2012 at 1:59 pm

We should keep the Passover on appointed time as written in the bible not at any time.

• February 22, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Thanks to Elohim God who saved me through the Passover love .
    Lk 22:15[~ I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer.~] , said Jesus!!
    Whenever I hear such insistences, I always remember this teaching in the bible!!

• February 27, 2012 at 2:19 pm

My daughter gave me a gift for my birthday.
    She regards it ver special day.
    How about the Passover?? It cannot be compared with your birthday.
    At first, the Passover was established by the blood of God. Furthermore, we become God’s children through the Passover bread and the Passover wine.
    This Passover is so precious to be celebrated on a fixed day. It is God’s will !!

• March 12, 2012 at 5:17 pm

It’s an amazing truth that can’t be manipulated by evil thoughts and misinterpretations. I’m thankful Father Christ AhnSahngHong cleared this up because many false prophets use this to deceive the people.

• March 19, 2012 at 12:27 am

The Passover which had been kept by the apostles isn’t written in the bible..??
    Actually, I haven’t found any exact word for “the Passover”.
    How can you explain about this for me?

• March 20, 2012 at 1:40 am

As you know, Corintians was written by the Apostle Paul.
      Paul said we should keep the Festival to remember the sacrifice of Jesus and it is the night Jesus was betrayed.
      Although any exact word “the Passover” isn’t writthen, we can know when ‘the night he was betrayed’ is.
      It is the night of the Passover!
      Therefore, the apostles kept the Passover, too.

• March 25, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Whatever U say, we cannot escape disasters with human wisdom!
    But, God foretold the disasters through the bible for preparation. What?
    That’s the Passover of the New Covenant(Mt 26:17~28).
    In this last age, the only way to escape such disasters is the Passover which was established in Jesus’ blood!

• April 4, 2012 at 4:31 am

The disciples keep the Passover through the teaching of Christ Jesus.
    Christ Jesus keep the Passover at anytime? No..
    Christ Jesus and disciples keep the Passover at sunset 14th day of the first month by sacred calendar.

• April 4, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Apostle Paul said as follows:
    1Co 11:1[Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.]
    As you see, Apostle Paul followed Jesus’ example.

Jesus said about the Passover in Lk 22:15 !
    Lk 22:15[And he said to them, “I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer.] !!
    [Eagerly desired] means that the Passover has its appointed time[Lev 23:5]

The, it is clear that the Passover should be kept on the appointed time, not any time!

• April 9, 2012 at 12:08 pm

The Passover is God’s feast!!
    Even your birthday has its own time, which cannot be changed along the time.

• April 11, 2012 at 2:39 pm

Whenever?? Do you have the same?
    Such insistence is opposite to the bible.As the bible says, the Passover falls on 14th twilight of the 1st month be sacred year[Lev 23:5]!!

• May 20, 2012 at 7:52 am

Since Bible say we can have eternal life through the Passover, we need to keep it.

• June 21, 2012 at 9:04 am

Yes, I totally agree with Jeccy saying that whenever’ means ‘whenever we keep the Passover.’
    We should stop being silly in understanding the words of God with our own thoughts and opion.
    Because! it is not helpful to get the salvatoin for we are NOT God at all.

We should be humble and fear God when we try to understand God’s will through the Bbile.

• June 25, 2012 at 5:23 am

We need to listen God definitely
    There is no any way keeping the Passover at appoint time
    2,000 years ago, Jeus has eagerly kept the passover with us at appoint time, on January 14 by sacred calendar
    even now Christ ahnsahnghong wants to keep his passover with us

• July 1, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Jesus has desired to eat the Passover. We have to keep the Passover following the Jesus.

• July 13, 2012 at 8:14 am

[International Standard Version] 1Co 11:26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink from this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.

This verse also confuse a lot of people because it says “as often”. This often actually meant that the early church would face severe persecutions as the dark ages were coming. They needed to remember to keep the Passover yearly NOT anytime and date they wanted. Since Jesus had already prophecied about the coming hard times. They had to remember to celebrate the Passover as long as they lived.

Thanks to heavenly Father AhnSangHong, and our Heavenly Mother the New Jerusalem for giving us the biblical Passover on the 14th day First Month, sacred calendar.

Praises be to our Elohim God Forever.

• Pingback:WMSCOG Makes World Clean & Bright | Christ Ahnsahnghong and God the Mother

• Pingback:Christ Ahnsahnghong and God the Mother’s Love spread throughout the World | Christ Ahnsahnghong and God the Mother

• December 5, 2012 at 4:01 am

The Apostle Paul said, ‘whenever’. Jesus said, ‘my appointed time’ (Matt 26:18). My point is if there is any discrepancy we should go directly to the source & the source, Jesus said he had an appointed time, meaning there is a specific time (when the hour had come {Lk 22:14}). We must give thanks to Father AhnSahngHong for coming to reveal the mystery of the new covenant passover.

• December 9, 2012 at 5:31 am

Wow this is amazing! Thank Father and Mother!
    We are truly blessed to understand the true meaning of “Whenever” we drink it. We the children of Elohim God understand the importance of when the appointed time is, at the time the promise can surely be fulfilled. I want to give all thanks to Father and Mother for shinning their splendid Glory on this dark and gloomy world.

• December 10, 2012 at 1:33 am

By a word They try to change the words of God. But by a word God created the Heavens and the earth.
    It is a rope that they grasp when going down river. But not strong enough to keep them from drowning.
    I hope that every wakes up and realizes that the word of our Father and Mother are strong and enduring.

• January 17, 2013 at 4:31 pm

If they consider Jesus’ word, “whenever” indicating at anytime and anywhere, why didn’t His disciples and Apostles keep the Passover whenever they felt like? 😐 Why would have the ones who truly believed in His words try to keep His commandments despite of all persecutions and mockings that they have received? That is totally absurd.

• January 22, 2013 at 11:41 pm

No matter how hard they slander the truth of God, the truth itself cannot change. I personally don’t understand why they don’t believe and follow what the Bible says. Our belief should be based on the Bible.

• January 22, 2013 at 11:42 pm

Our belief should be based on the Bible ONLY!