We would like to ask one question to those insisting the one?from the east?is not the?second coming Christ?though.
Now that there exists Babylon the great in Revelation of New testament?(Rev. 17:5)?and it is prophesied the Babylon is to be fallen?(Rev. 18:2), what does this Babylon indicate?
Isn’t Babylon the country that?Cyrus destroyed in around BC 538? If so, then why Apostle John wrote this through the book of prophecy which to be fulfilled in the last days?
There should be not only physical Babylon but spiritual Babylon.? In the same way, it is clear to have physical?Cyrus?as well as Spiritual one.
- Isa. 41:1?“Be silent before me, you islands! Let the nations renew their strength! Let them come forward and speak; let us meet together at the place of judgment.?Who has stirred up one?from the east,?calling him in righteousness to his service? He hands nations over to him and subdues kings before him. He turns them to dust with his sword, to windblown chaff with his bow. He pursues them and moves on unscathed, by a path his feet have not traveled before who has done this and carried it through, calling forth the generations from the beginning??I, the Lord- with the first of them and with the last- I am he.”
- Isa. 46:11?From the east I summon a bird of prey; from a far-off land, a man to fulfill my purpose.? What I have said, that will I bring about;?what I have planned, that will I do.
The prophecy of Old Testament on the one to come from the east was?firstly fulfilled by?Cyrus king?of Persia?who had led the Israelites from their captivities of Babylon.
- Ezra 1:1-3?In the first year of?Cyrus king?of Persia, in order to fulfill the word of the Lord spoken by Jeremiah, the Lord moved the heart of?Cyrus king?of Persia to make a proclamation throughout his realm and to put it in writing:? “this is what?Cyrus king?of Persia says:?“The Lord, the God of heaven, has given me all the kingdoms of the earth and he has appointed me to build a temple for him at Jerusalem in Judah.? Anyone of his people among you ? may his God be with him,?and let him go up to Jerusalem in Judah and build the temple of the Lord, the God of Israel, the God who is in Jerusalem.
However, this was done for the physical Israelites?and its complete fulfillment is to be made when?Second coming Christ?appears to deliver the spiritual Israelites who are taken prisoners in spiritual Babylon.?(Rev. 17, 18)
- Rev. 17:4?The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls.? She held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries.? This title was written on her forehead:? MYSTERY?BABYLON THE GREAT?THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
- Rev. 18:2?with a mighty voice he shouted: “Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great!? She has become a home for demons and a haunt for every evil spirit, a haunt for every unclean and detestable bird.? For all the nations have drunk the maddening wine of her adulteries.? The kings of the earth committed adultery with her, and the merchants of the earth grew rich from her excessive luxuries.”? Then I heard another voice from heaven say:? “Come out of her, my people, so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues, for her sins are piled up to heaven, and God has remembered her crimes.
In the bible, it is prophesied that saints are to go into captivity under spiritual Babylon by being defeated with spiritual Babylon that was empowered by Satan.??(Rev. 13:7-8, 17:1-5)?We can understand their spiritual situations as a model through the history when physical Israelites had taken captives in Babylon.
Also, the history that?Second Coming Christ??will appear from the east to let the spiritual Israelites under the captivities of spiritual Babylon is the one about the king Cyrus from the east that delivered Israelites who were taken prisoners in Babylon.
Like this, God showed the prophesies about Cyrus and second coming Christ as a model and reality through the book of Isaiah.
Therefore, their argument “The one to come from the east indicates only king Cyrus, not the?second coming Christ,” is not biblical.
?Click → Christ Ahnsahnghong