Apart from Me, You Can Do Nothing
Occasionally, we may see foolish cases around us such as people giving up their faith when they don’t obtain the results they want. It is like a fish out of water. Let’s find out how God gives us results by enduring through God’s word and gives us blessing in the end.
Relationship between God and Us
- John 15:1~7 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes[a] so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.
We need to endure hardships as Christians. According to the teachings of Jesus Christ, God referred to Himself as the true vine and we are the branches that need to receive nutrients from Him. The branches of the vine exist to bear fruit.
However, if the branch is broken off, how can it bear fruit? Not only will it not bear fruit, but it will wither and die.
On the other hand, when we remain in God, we can live. God, who is omniscient and omnipotent, exists everywhere on this earth. Therefore, children of God should remain in Them by being obedient and having faith in Heavenly Father and Mother.
In one town, there was a wise teacher who had 30 students. Among them, he favored one of them particularly. Other students thought that it was unfair and they started to feel jealous and questioned him.
Then the teacher called all his students and gave them the same task; to kill a dove in a place where no one is and to bring back the dead bird. Saying this, he gave each one of them a dove.
As soon as the task was given, the students killed the bird right away to be acknowledged by him. However, the student who the teacher favored the most came back after a while with the dove alive in his hand.
Other students started to mock him for not accomplishing such an easy task. The teacher asked him what was the reason and he answered, “As you told us, I looked for a place where no one was but there was no place like that.I even went behind the tree and between the rocks but wherever I was, God was there. So I had to return with the dove alive.”
As soon as other students heard this, they realized why the teacher favored him particularly.
Just because we cannot see God, it doesn’t mean that God does not exist. God exists everywhere on this earth. Therefore, if we do not leave God, we can remain in His love and bear fruit.
Judas Iscariot betrayed Jesus Christ 2000 years ago. How was his life after leaving Christ? He was suffering in agony and committed suicide!
Leaving God is as if a branch is broken off from the tree.
How can we, who are living under God’s grace, leave God?
Spiritual Status of the Ones Who Left God
- 2 Peter 2:20~22 If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and are overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them. Of them the proverbs are true: “A dog returns to its vomit,”[a] and, “A sow that is washed returns to her wallowing in the mud.”
We were living in this world without hope of life or for the eternal world, but now we have the hope of salvation after meeting God. However, what did God say about the people who betray God just because the coming of the Kingdom of Heaven is delayed? It is as if a dog returns to its vomit and a sow that is washed returns to her wallowing in the mud.
We do not know our future but God does. That’s why He is concerned for us and asks us not to leave Him.
We are the children who live with the hope for Heaven after receiving Heavenly Father Christ AhnSahngHong and Heavenly Mother.
How much should we thank God for giving us salvation and for allowing us to live day by day with the hope for the Kingdom of Heaven?
However, what would be the result when we leave Heavenly Father and Mother?
Our loving brothers and sisters, Heavenly Father and Mother know the future and they are guiding us.
We must not leave God. Even if there are difficulties hindering our way, let us become God’s people who overcome and remain in God.
Faith with Endurance
- Matthew 10:20~22 for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you. “Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death. You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Christ AhnSahngHong and Heavenly Mother, who are the Spirit and the Bride, are giving us the water of life unconditionally. (Rev 22:17) We who have faith in Heavenly Father and Mother, who are the Saviors in this age and appeared according to the prophecy, should not give up our faith because of persecution and other situations.
Even though the world hates us, let us not give up the faith in Heavenly Father Christ AhnSahngHong and Heavenly Mother. Let us endure until the end and believe in the promise of salvation.
- Revelation 14:9~12 A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives its mark on their forehead or on their hand, they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.”
- Revelation 3~4 And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth. These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they remained virgins. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among mankind and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb.
Even though the whole world worships the beast and its image, we should keep our faith with endurance. The saints who are to be saved belong to God. This means, they follow Heavenly Father and Mother until the end and remain in Them.
Please hold on to the faith towards Christ AhnSahngHong and Heavenly Mother until the end.
Those who give up their faith in the Early Church
Let us see a case and the result of someone who received the truth but betrayed God 2000 years ago.
- 2 Timothy 4:6-10 For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time for my departure is near. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day ?and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing Do your best to come to me quickly, for Demas, because he loved this world, has deserted me and has gone to Thessalonica. Crescens has gone to Galatia, and Titus to Dalmatia.
Demas was a Christian who received Jesus as the Savior. However, he left the gospel because of his love towards this world. Where is Demas now, since he left the truth 2000 years ago? He is being punished in hell.
Do you think Demas still regards his past choice of leaving God as good? He must be regretting it painfully.
Let’s see an opposite case.
Apostle Paul confessed that nothing like trouble, hardship, persecution, famine nakedness, danger or the sword can separate him from Christ after receiving Him.
- Romans 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? … 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Apostle Paul did not leave Christ because of persecution.
He did not betray Christ because of danger.
We, too, should remain in Heavenly Father and Mother by not giving into circumstances.
Be Aware of a Different Gospel (Men’s Commandments)
- Galatians 1:6~10 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel ? which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse! Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.
Salvation is given to those who remain in the gospel which Jesus Himself taught us. However, God is not with those who have a different gospel. The world tries to add or take away from the word of God with man-made ‘false teachings, philosophies, and idolatry.’ With a different gospel, man-made teachings, we cannot enter Kingdom of Heaven. The Bible warned us that those people will be cursed in the end.
We can say that people who are deceived by a different gospel are running towards destruction and are pitiful, but the people who are more pitiful are those who give up their faith after receiving the gospel which can lead them to salvation by remaining in Christ AhnSahngHong and Heavenly Mother.
Let us not be the ones who regret eternally by making a foolish choice.
God compared us with the branches of the vine. The branches broken off from the vine can only be used for fire. If we don’t remain in God, we are nothing even if we are powerful men, rich men or scholars whom people envy; it is just like the branches broken off of the vine.
The reason why we bear fruit is because we remain in Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother. With the grace of God, giving us life, we can do everything.
Brothers and sisters, are you in trials and hardships?
If yes, please do not see the current world but see the glorious future which will be given soon.
3500 years ago, the Israelites who overcame all the difficulties in danger of scorpions and the scorching heat of the desert were able to receive the glorious blessing of entering the promised land of Canaan. Let’s overcome by seeking the Heavenly glory that cannot be compared with our present sufferings. (Romans 8:17~18)
According to God’s word ‘Apart from God, we cannot do anything,’ let us be the brothers and sisters who receive the blessing of eternal life by remaining in Heavenly Father and Mother.