Let Us Distinguish the True Church from False Churches
There are many things that are false in this world but there is nothing false among the creations of God.
God’s creation becomes false because of people.
Then, how can we receive salvation in this age where there are many false teachings and how can we distinguish the truth from the falsehood?
Let’s find out from Jesus who is the beginning of the gospel.
- John 3:16?For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
At this time, there was no falsehood. The word that came from Jesus was the word of truth, life and the gospel. At that time, whoever believed in the words of Jesus was able to receive salvation.
However, nowadays, false churches use this word saying salvation can be given only by faith.
Are those words true? Do current churches still have the same gospel that Jesus preached 2000 years ago? Churches today are filled with so much falsehood that we cannot even tell what was the gospel that Jesus Christ taught.
Let us find out the teachings of Jesus Christ before the false churches appeared.
- Matthew 7:13-23? “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. ?But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. ?“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. ?By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. ?A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. ?Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. ?Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them. ?“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.?Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ ?Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
Those who do the will of our Father are the ones who are able to enter Heaven, and therefore they are the truth. However, people who practice lawlessness are the falsehood since they will go to hell instead of Heaven. Even though they prophesy and perform miracles, if they go against God’s will, they are practicing lawlessness.
The words in John, ‘Whoever believes in Jesus shall have eternal life’ was given before the false teachings appeared, and the words in Matthews ‘not everyone who says to God, Lord, Lord will enter the Kingdom of Heaven’ were given when the false prophets were appearing.
When Jesus gave the word in Matthews indicates that there will be a time when the falsehood will appear.
We are living in the age where so many false prophets exist. We need wisdom to distinguish the truth from falsehood
The Way to Distinguish Truth from Falsehood
What is the way to distinguish the true gospel from the false gospel? It is through the Bible. Let’s see what the Bible says about the truth.
- John 14:15, 21 ?“If you love me, keep my commands. … Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”
Who are the people who love God??They are those who keep God’s commandments. The way to distinguish the truth from falsehood is by keeping God’s commandments. Therefore, people who keep God’s commandments belong to the truth.
Let us see Solomon’s trial and how he distinguished truth from falsehood through God’s wisdom.
Solomon did many trials during his reign, but only the trial of distinguishing between the true mother and the false Mother was written in the Bible.
One day, two women gave birth to their babies around the same time. However, one woman’s baby died because of her fault, so she switched her dead baby with the other woman’s baby during the night. When the sun rose, the two women were arguing over the baby that was alive and requested a trial before King Solomon.
It was a hopeless trial without any witnesses or evidence but only the contradicting testimonies of the two women. How did Solomon distinguish the true mother in this situation?
He told them to cut the living baby in half and share it. At that moment, one woman told him to cut the baby in half regardless of his life, but the other woman begged the king to give the bay to the other woman as long as his life is spared. The true mother pleaded for the baby’s life when her child was put in the danger of death. Through the mother’s love, Solomon was able to confirm and distinguish the true mother.
Like this, King Solomon distinguished the true mother from the false mother through the love of a mother.
It is the same way with the truth. Nowadays, false churches claim that they are the truth. What is the way to distinguish them?
Jesus, also, distinguishes who loves Him with the wisdom like Solomon. In the aforementioned verse, John 14, those who keep God’s commandment are those who love God.
Satan’s characteristic is to insist that he loves God while not keeping God’s commandments.
Jesus distinguishes the truth from the falsehood by God’s Commandments
People who will enter the Kingdom of Heaven keep God’s commandments as evidence that they love Jesus.
- 1 John 2:1-6 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father?Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. ?He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. ?We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands. ?Whoever says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. ?But if anyone obeys his word, love for God[a] is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him: ?whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.
Only those who love Jesus can keep ‘His commands.’ Is it easy to keep God’s commandments?
Can you overcome mocking and ridicule from the people who keep man’s commandment (Sunday Service, Christmas, Cross Idolatry etc)?
Those who keep God’s commandments, overcoming all of these hardships are those who truly love God.
God’s commandments are: the Sabbath, the Passover, wearing Veil for women, prohibiting idolatry, etc.
Characteristic of 144,000 who will be saved
- Revelation 14:12 This calls for patient endurance on the part of the people of God who keep his commands and remain faithful to Jesus.
The 144,000 are the people of God who will be saved. These are the people who keep God’s commandments and live under God’s grace. They are people who are spotless and pure. However, Satan does not have the truth and lies all the time. (John 8)
The easiest way to distinguish the truth from the falsehood is to find out whether they keep God’s commandments or not.
Do you love God?
Then, how can you show evidence?
The evidence is by keeping God’s commandments written in the Bible.
Which one is God’s commandment? Sabbath or Sunday? Sabbath.
Which one is God’s commandment? Passover or Christmas? Passover.
The 144,000 saints who will be saved, need patience and endurance.
Even though the world does not acknowledge them, God’s commandments never change. Are you afraid of the people in the world who ridicule us by saying that we are false? Isn’t it more dreadful to be judged as false on the last day?
We are acknowledged by God Himself, as God’s people who keep God’s commandments.
Let us not forget the law to love God and keep our faith until we enter the eternal Kingdom of Heaven.
Father and Mother, We love you.