The Church of God insists that Christ Ahnsahnghong is God because He restored the seven feasts which are the secret of the seven thunders, and explains that those who did not understand the voice of God directly heard the sound of thunder. (2 Sa 22:14; Job 37:4; Ps 18:13)
However, the sound from heaven, not the voice of God, is also expressed as thunder. So, it is difficult to say that the seven thunders in Rev 10:3 is the voice of God, and that Christ Ahnsahnghong unsealed the seven thunders.
- ?Rev 6:1 “I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, “Come!”
- ?Rev 19:6 “Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting: “Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns.”
1. Why do they ignore the cases where thunder is the voice of God?
Does the fact that “The sound of thunder does not only stand for the voice of God” means that thunder is not the voice of God? The saying, “Thunder does not only stand for the voice of God,” also means that it does stand for the voice of God. Are they so busy opposing us that they don’t understand this simple logic?
The people against us ignore all the cases where thunder is the voice of God (Jn 12:28-29; Ex 20:18) and only make claims for the cases where it does not stand for thunder. They themselves clearly show that they merely want to be against us without wanting to know the true meaning of the Bible.
2. Then, show what the secret of the seven thunders is
They can neither show what the secret of the seven thunders is, nor do they have enough evidence, but all they say is that we are wrong.
3. The Bible testifies that not only the seven thunders but also the law was sealed (Isa 8:16)
Explain what kind of law was sealed. They cannot say anything about this. As a matter of fact, the two sentences are the same: “Seven thunders that represent the Ten Commandments were sealed,” and “The law was sealed.” It means that among the law, the seven feasts in three times, which have same meaning of the Ten Commandments, were sealed.
1. The secret of the seven thunders indicates the feasts of the new covenant, which were established by Jesus
We hope that they will not claim ignorantly that the feasts establi
shed by Jesus are the feasts of the Old Testament. In the book of truth, doesn’t it say, “The seven thunders that were sealed up is the gospel of the new covenant that was destroyed by Satan”?
|The Mystery of God and the Spring of the Water of Life
Chap. 1 Unsealing the Secret of the Seven Thunders
The mystery is the gospel of the new covenant which was announced to the apostles and the prophets of the early Church. After the Apostolic Age, this new covenant was trampled by Satan during the Dark Ages and has been sealed up until today.
2. The Bible testifies that keeping the words of the covenant, which are the Ten Commandments, is the same with keeping the feasts.
- Ex 34:27-28 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.” Moses was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights without eating bread or drinking water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant―the Ten Commandments.
In accordance with “these words” God made a covenant, and the covenant was the Ten Commandments. So, “these words” and the Ten Commandments mean the same thing. Then, what are “these words”? When we look up the previous part, it refers to the words, “Celebrate the feasts in three times.”
- Ex 34:18 “Celebrate the Feast of Unleavened Bread . . .”
- Ex 34:22-23 “Celebrate the Feast of Weeks with the first fruits of the wheat harvest, and the Feast of Ingathering at the turn of the year . . .”
- Ex 34:25 “Do not offer the blood of a sacrifice to me along with anything containing yeast, and do not let any of the sacrifice from the Passover Feast remain until morning.”
Like this, the words, “Keeping the feasts in three times,” are the same as the Ten Commandments. However, the sacrifice in the Old Testament, which was offered with the blood of animals, was changed completely by Jesus (Heb 7:12). For example, the Passover that was kept by slaughtering the lamb was changed into the holy worship by keeping it with bread and wine (Ex 12:1-13; 1 Co 5:7; Mt 26:17-28).
Therefore, the secret of the seven thunders (Rev 10:4) in the New Testament, which was hidden till the last days, is the feasts of the new covenant.
[“The Law of Moses and the Law of Christ,” Chap. 1 The Ten Commandments and the Feasts]
In the law of Moses, the Ten Commandments are called the covenant, and the feasts are also called the covenant. When God proclaimed all the laws to Moses who was staying on Mount Sinai forty days to receive the Ten Commandments a second time, God spoke of the seven feasts in three times and established a covenant in accordance with the meaning of the feasts, and He gave Moses the stone tablets of the covenants (Ex. 34:18-28).