The Church of God claims that Christ Ahnsahnghong is Jesus who came a second time because He restored the Passover. However, the Worldwide Church of God, which was established by Herbert W. Armstrong in the late 1930s, keeps all the festivals of the Old Testament as well as the Passover. Therefore, if we follow the logic of the Church of God, Herbert W. Armstrong should be the Second Coming Jesus, not Ahnsahnghong.
5. Armstrong is far from the prophecies about the Second Coming Christ
There is much evidence that proves Christ Ahnsahnghong is Jesus who came a second time, to say nothing of the restoration of the feasts of the new covenant. The one who fulfilled all the prophecies of the Bible is Christ Ahnsahnghong. That’s why our church proclaims to the world that Christ Ahnsahnghong is Jesus who has come a second time. However, the opponents insist that the Church of God says that Christ Ahnsahnghong is the Second Coming Christ just because of the restoration of the Passover. As we explain below, however, when we take a look at more and more of the prophecies of the Second Coming Christ, it becomes clearer that Armstrong has nothing to do with Christ, but Christ Ahnsahnghong is Jesus who came a second time.
1) First, if we look at the prophecy of the time for Jesus’ coming?according to the prophecy of the fig tree, He was to appear in 1948 when the nation of Israel was rebuilt. However, Armstrong was baptized in 1927 and became a minister in 1931. From 1934 he started the Radio Church of God (which was renamed as the Worldwide Church of God in 1969) through the radio broadcast. In other words, he started his ministry before 1948. Does he have any part with the prophecy of the Bible?
2) According to the prophecy of Rev 7:1-3, the Second Coming Christ must bring the seal of God right after 1945 when World War 2 ended after many Jews had been slaughtered by the four winds from the four corners of the earth (Mt 24:29-31; Rev 7:1-3; 6:12-13). And after that, there should be no more winds from the four corners of the earth, that is, “World War,” until the time of the last disaster. However, Armstrong started his ministry “before 1945” and there was World War 2 from 1939 to 1945 while he was doing his ministry. These things clearly show that Armstrong was not the Second Coming Christ.
3) The Second Coming Christ must come “in the east” with the Passover the truth through which we can escape the last disaster (Mt 24:29-31; Rev 7:1-3; 6:12-13).
However, Armstrong appeared not in the east from the Patmos Island, but in the west (in the United States), and he never taught that the Passover is the seal of God which protects us from the last disaster. This, too, shows that he has no part with the prophecy of the Second Coming Christ in the Bible.
4) The Second Coming Christ who is the Lamb [the Holy Spirit] is prophesied to appear with the bride and give the water of life (Rev 19:7; 22:17). Also, since He comes with the mission of Elijah, just as John the Baptist testified about Christ who came after him, the Second Coming Christ must testify the Savior who comes after Him. Christ Ahnsahnghong testified even from the beginning about the Heavenly Mother who was to come after Him, and at the appointed time He testified to the bride. However, Armstrong did not even know this prophecy, or testify about anybody. Therefore, Armstrong is far from the prophecies of the Bible.