The eagle from the east in Isaiah 46:11 is a prophecy regarding Cyrus, king of Persia, not about Christ Ahnsahnghong.
1. King Cyrus is a copy and shadow of the Second Coming Jesus
We know that the prophecy in Isaiah 46 was fulfilled partially by King Cyrus. This is also testified in the Truth Book.
|“The Mystery of God and the Spring of the Water of Life,” Ch. 33
These prophecies were fulfilled partially by Cyrus king of Persia who freed the natural Israelites from Babylonian captivity, and their complete fulfillment is to occur in the New Testament times.
Then, can’t the words of Isa 46:11 be a prophecy about the Second Coming Jesus? Yes, it can. Their insistence came from the ignorance about the relationship between King Cyrus and the Second Coming Jesus. Since King Cyrus was a copy and shadow of the Second Coming Jesus, the same work is seen through them. So the Bible prophesies about the two cases through the same prophecy.
2. Repeated accomplishment of a prophecy
Someone may wonder why one prophecy is fulfilled partially first and completely later. However, there is no need to wonder. There are many such cases in the Bible. Let’s check a certain example in the prophecies about Jesus Christ. Matthew 24 includes the prophecy about the destruction of Jerusalem and about the end of the world. However, Jesus explained them together without distinguishing the two. Why did He do that? It was because the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D. was a copy and shadow of the last destruction. Since it repeats in the same way, though it is to be fulfilled completely in the last days, He did not distinguish it from the destruction in 70 A.D.
The prophecy of the prophet Isaiah is the same. Since the work of King Cyrus who set free God’s people from the physical Babylon is a copy and shadow of the work of the Second Coming Jesus who set free God’s people from the spiritual Babylon, one prophecy shows the two cases.
(For more details about a shadow and its reality, refer to the Supplementary Explanation 1.)
3. The evidence that the prophecy of Isaiah was not fully fulfilled by King Cyrus
The book of Isaiah itself testifies that King Cyrus partially fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah 46:11. There is no doubt that the eagle from the east in Isaiah 46:11 is the man from the east in Isaiah 41:1-4. What will happen when the man from the east in Isaiah 41 appears? There are two things that did not occur in the days of King Cyrus.
First, all idolaters will unite in one.
- Isa 41:5-11 The islands have seen it and fear; the ends of the earth tremble. They approach and come forward; each helps the other and says to his brother, “Be strong!” The craftsman encourages the goldsmith, and he who smooths with the hammer spurs on him who strikes the anvil. He says of the welding, “It is good.” He nails down the idol so it will not topple. “But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, ‘You are my servant’; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. All who rage against you will surely be ashamed and disgraced; those who oppose you will be as nothing and perish.”
What did the idolaters see and fear? They saw the eagle from the east, which is the man who appeared from the east. When the Savior from the east appears, an ecumenical movement of false religions will occur. Did this happen when King Cyrus appeared? Never! False religions were not united in fear of the appearance of King Cyrus. Therefore, this proves that this prophecy was not completely fulfilled by King Cyrus. This prophecy is completely fulfilled when Jesus comes a second time in the east (Refer to the Supplementary Explanation 2).
Second, when the man appears from the east, the parched ground turns into springs.
- Isa 41:17-18 “The poor and needy search for water, but there is none; their tongues are parched with thirst. But I the LORD will answer them; I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them. I will make rivers flow on barren heights, and springs within the valleys. I will turn the desert into pools of water, and the parched ground into springs.”
However, did that occur in the days of King Cyrus? Not at all! It can be fulfilled only when God, the source of the water of life, comes. That fact is clearly testified in the book of Isaiah.
- Isa 35:4-7 . . . say to those with fearful hearts, “Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, he will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you.” Then will the eyes of the blind be opened and the ears of the deaf unstopped. Then will the lame leap like a deer, and the mute tongue shout for joy. Water will gush forth in the wilderness and streams in the desert. The burning sand will become a pool, the thirsty ground bubbling springs. . .
Therefore, the man from the east must be God, but He is not the First Coming Jesus because He came from Israel, not from a far country in the east. So the man from the east is completely fulfilled by the Second Coming Jesus. Therefore, their insistence that the prophecy of Isa 46:11 and 41:2 is only about King Cyrus, not about the Second Coming Jesus is wrong. Their insistence results from the ignorance about the prophecy.
1. King Cyrus is a copy and shadow of the Second Coming Jesus
A lot of histories in the Old Testament, including the history of the Israelites’ entering Canaan after being released from Egypt and crossing the desert, are a shadow. Likewise, the history that the Israelites were set free from Babylon through the appearance of King Cyrus from the east was also a shadow that tells what would happen in the New Testament times. The reality was that the spiritual Israelites would be released from the spiritual Babylon through the Second Coming Jesus. Let’s study in details.
The Bible prophesies about the Savior who destroys the spiritual Babylon [a great prostitute, namely, a false church] to release God’s people (Rev 18:1-4). Through the appearance of the Savior, the earth is illuminated and Babylon is revealed as a home for demons. If then, what is the truth that makes known the home for demon in the Bible? It is the very Passover.
Examining the promise given on the Passover when the Israelites got out of Egypt, “On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn?both men and animals?and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the LORD (Ex 12:12)” and the history of destroying all idols and other gods by keeping the Passover in the days of Hezekiah and Josiah, the truth and the light that reveals the identity of Babylon and is the Passover (2 Ch 30:1-31:1; 2 Ki 23:1-25).
Then, where will the redemption work of the Savior, who destroys Babylon through the Passover, start from? It is written in Revelation chapter 7 that it will start from the east, from where the sun rises (Rev 7:1-3). “The seal of God” mentioned in the prophecy also indicates the Passover truth.
Therefore, the Savior who destroys Babylon through the Passover truth also appears from the east where the sun rises on the basis of the Island of Patmos where the Apostle John received this revelation. In order to teach us where the Savior will appear, the history of King Cyrus in the Old Testament exists as a shadow.
King Cyrus fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah 46:11 initially, and Christ Ahnsahnghong, the Savior who came from a far off land in the east [South Korea], fulfilled the prophecy completely by bringing the New covenant Passover to release His people from the spiritual Babylon in this New Testament age. So the prophet Isaiah prophesied even the history of the reality that is to be fulfilled in the New Testament age.
※ King Cyrus not only released the Israelites from Babylon but also let them return to Zion, Jerusalem, so that they could build the temple (Ezr 1:2-3). This foretells that Christ Ahnsahnghong who is the Second Coming Jesus will lead us to the spiritual Zion where we keep the feasts of the new covenant and build the heavenly temple by leading us to the heavenly Jerusalem Mother (Isa 33:20; Eze 34:1-16; Mi 4:1-2; Rev 14:1; Eph 2:20-22; Isa 62:7; Ge 2:23; 3:20; Rev 19:7).
2. When will the ecumenical movement prophesied in Isaiah 41 appear?
This will happen when the Savior, the Second Coming Christ, appears to destroy the spiritual Babylon. That is why Jesus prophesied that in the last days, He would tie them in bundles according to the parable of weeds.
- Mt 13:30 “Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.”
- Mt 13:39 “and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age . . . As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age . . . they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil.”
The parable of the weeds is a prophecy that would take place from Jesus’ first coming until the last day. The weeds who represent the evil doers will be bundled as one. This is the ecumenical movement of false religions prophesied in Isaiah Chapter 41. To fulfill all the prophecies in Isaiah 46:11 and 41:1-4, the ecumenical movement of false religions has to take place when the last Savior from the east appears.
When Christ Ahnsahnghong started His ministry with the truth of the Passover, the papacy of Rome [Babylon the Great] lead the ecumenical movement. Then in 1962, at the 2nd Vatican Council, the Roman Catholic Church emphasized the unity of Christianity with other religions. As broadcast in newspapers and on television since then, we can see the pope hugging and reconciling with other religious leaders, and also cardinals delivering sermons in Buddhist temples.
Therefore, the Savior from the east, whom the prophet Isaiah prophesied, indicates not only King Cyrus who fulfilled it partially but also Christ Ahnsahnghong the Second Coming Jesus who fulfilled it completely.