God knows what I need better than me

Pictured by wmscog., a doctor with a stethoscope
I went to see a doctor because my tonsils were swollen. I handed the prescription to the pharmacy, and I saw a notice there while waiting for the medicine.

“Take medicine according to the prescription from the doctor. Patients must not make their own diagnosis and add or take any medicine out.”

‘Who would do that?’

I thought like this at first, but then I thought about myself.

“Stand firm in faith,” “Be patient,” “Love and serve one another.”

All these words in the prescription called the Bible are the medicine of life, which God has given me to heal my soul. I have to keep every one of them, but I often make my own prescription, thinking, ‘God will be happier if I do this.’

It is God who knows better than anybody else which part of my soul is sick and what medicine I have to take to get better. I will fully obey every single word of the water of life―the medicine that Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother have given me for my soul, so that I will get better faster and no longer make Mother worry.

YN Gahng from Korea

Did you like this? Share it:
Mother’s Request
Wisdom to Prepare

0 thoughts on “God knows what I need better than me

• April 27, 2016 at 5:58 am

This is such a beautiful story, thank you for posting!

• June 22, 2016 at 6:18 am

I give thanks and glory to Father and Mother for their infinite love for us. Let us keep God’s teaching even a single word.

• June 22, 2016 at 7:16 pm

To live healthier, patients have to follow the prescription doctor wrote out for them, as we know, doctor knows our sickness better than us. We, the children of God are referred to as spiritual patients who need to be free from death. So, God came to this earth in the flesh to heal us from death. Let’s listen n follow the prescription God gave us for our soul. We should find the way God set for our salvation is the Passover that the promise of eternal life.

Mt 9:12) On hearing this, Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick …”